Macy's Inc., Independence, Mo.
We are consistently challenged by our Energy Management group to meet or exceed an aggressive year percent) with consistently higher temperatures in the region (+2.07 percent higher).
With such a large percentage in savings, the 13 retail locations within the district have seen larger profits on their bottom line, which has translated in overall better numbers for the entire company.
The Macy's Kansas District Facilities Management Team has several reasons behind this success story:
• Replacing 46-Watt incandesecnt bulbs with 26-Watt compact fluorescents that totaled 20,328 Watts per day (7,399.392 kW per year)
• Removing unneeded lamps from back-of-house areas totaling 30,416 Watts (11,071.424 kW per year)
• Installing variable frequency drives on 15 motors ranging from 15 HP to 75 HP
• Installing upgrades to Energy Management Systems (e.g., relays, contactors, etc.) saving 41,000 Watts per day
• Installed more than 40 occupancy sensors in common areas to reduce lighting levels.
Macy's Facilities Management — Kansas DistrictBart Salmon, Regional Director; Lucas Guerri, District Facilities Manager; Rick Washam, Chief Engineer; Chris Tomlinson, Marty Todd, Robert McCoy, John Weston
Judges will add the point totals for each submission to
help choose the winners in each of the four categories.
© 1995-2012 Trade Press Media Group, Inc.
Building Operating ManagementMaintenance SolutionsArticle DirectoryTopics
Contact UsPoliciesManage Email